NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24 hours - eek?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 3:45pm
I've started four stories and scrapped three of them. I think I've written something like 2500-3000 words across the four of them and my head is pounding. Finally finished what might be "THE CHOSEN STORY" (not the title) and have to escape for some coffee before I go bonkers and start trying to juggle the cats.

Edited by AllisonM - 06 May 2017 at 3:45pm
Imaginative Insanity View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imaginative Insanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by AllisonM AllisonM wrote:

I've started four stories and scrapped three of them. I think I've written something like 2500-3000 words across the four of them and my head is pounding. Finally finished what might be "THE CHOSEN STORY" (not the title) and have to escape for some coffee before I go bonkers and start trying to juggle the cats.

Juggling cats sounds painful. I support your choice of coffee as an alternative. LOL

Last night, I had four different concepts that I was trying to plan out/pick between/etc. Woke up this morning and decided to go with something completely different. Isn't writing funny like that? Ermm
FFC 2017:
Ch1: Makeshift (Fantasy)
fragmentedelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragmentedelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:23pm
Is anyone else leaving the "genre" box blank when they submit this time? There's no little red asterix demanding that I MUST choose one...

Also, when will the winners be announced? Anyone know?

Good luck all! X
Laura View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by fragmentedelle fragmentedelle wrote:

Is anyone else leaving the "genre" box blank when they submit this time? There's no little red asterix demanding that I MUST choose one...

Good luck all! X

Dang, I figured I could pick "Open" as the genre, as I can't really pin it down to anything else. Does it make you choose?

Also anyone know how we title the file? Was thinking H1_Title but not sure...there's only one heat right?
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Laura Laura wrote:

Good luck all! X

Dang, I figured I could pick "Open" as the genre, as I can't really pin it down to anything else. Does it make you choose?

Also anyone know how we title the file? Was thinking H1_Title but not sure...there's only one heat right?

The first two rounds were just the title of the story, so I imagine it would be the same for round 3!
#amrevising
Laura View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Originally posted by Laura Laura wrote:

Good luck all! X

The first two rounds were just the title of the story, so I imagine it would be the same for round 3!

Thanks! I think it was in the rules to add the heat number in, but them somewhere else it said just title, I always put the heat number in anyway.
SFC View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:55pm

Good luck all! X

I've been struggling for about an hour to try and pick a genre! I feel like I'll probably leave it blank, because I don't want to mislead the reader if it doesn't quite fall in to whatever category I choose. I hope that doesn't affect anything judging-wise. 

I'm hoping they'll tell us when the winners will be announced once they send us story-confirmation e-mails!
Laura View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by SFC SFC wrote:

Good luck all! X

I've been struggling for about an hour to try and pick a genre! I feel like I'll probably leave it blank, because I don't want to mislead the reader if it doesn't quite fall in to whatever category I choose. I hope that doesn't affect anything judging-wise. 

I'm hoping they'll tell us when the winners will be announced once they send us story-confirmation e-mails!

I'm leaving it blank too, mostly because I don't really know what genre it fits into. At this stage I just want to be shot of the darn thing.
Tricksie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricksie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 6:26pm
Mine's science fiction, so that's easy to specify. I think it is fine to leave it blank, though! 
Laura View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Tricksie Tricksie wrote:

Mine's science fiction, so that's easy to specify. I think it is fine to leave it blank, though! 

I sure hope so! It's submitted now at half past midnight--so glad to have it gone. Nothing worse than endlessly tinkering.

Best of luck to everyone still working away; you're almost there!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>