NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALL the emotions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMOSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 12:27pm
Thanks lovelies! Xx
vkmartin View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote vkmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 12:37pm
If it makes people feel better, I really didn't like my story for round 1, then it ended up winning its group!

I feel better about my second round story, though I could have used more time to develop it. No idea if it is good enough to move on further but even if it doesn't, I'm glad to have written it and made it this far.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:08pm
I am really excited to start reading stories!! LOL
#amrevising
SakuraHime View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by vkmartin vkmartin wrote:

If it makes people feel better, I really didn't like my story for round 1, then it ended up winning its group!

I feel better about my second round story, though I could have used more time to develop it. No idea if it is good enough to move on further but even if it doesn't, I'm glad to have written it and made it this far.

That DOES help, thank you.

I was talking to a writer friend of mine and she sent me a text that really helped too:

"Remember the writer's curse. You'll always think it's sh*t, even when it's not. Fitzgerald was embarrassed by Great Gatsby and thought it was a pile of sh*t."

Somehow she really knew how to put it in perspective for me!! LOLClap
2019 FFC R1 Who Needs a Wall? (Gr: 35 – PoliSat/A Garbage Dump/A Grill)
dias View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:11pm
I am pretty mortified...after spending a virtually sleepless weekend on this, I failed to finish a first draft Unhappy I ended up just submitting what I had when the clock hit 0:00...I'm not even sure if it made it through. And if it did, I've no idea what the judges will make of my "mystery" story that doesn't have an ending...

Anyone else in this boat? I guess I'll just have to write it off as a learning experience, and next time I'll try to stop overthinking and just commit to a plot!
All my stories are here!
seawhere View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seawhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by dias dias wrote:

I am pretty mortified...after spending a virtually sleepless weekend on this, I failed to finish a first draft Unhappy I ended up just submitting what I had when the clock hit 0:00...I'm not even sure if it made it through. And if it did, I've no idea what the judges will make of my "mystery" story that doesn't have an ending...

Anyone else in this boat? I guess I'll just have to write it off as a learning experience, and next time I'll try to stop overthinking and just commit to a plot!

Don't beat yourself up. Hugs. Hug
~Sea

AllisonM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by bethgoeswriting bethgoeswriting wrote:

Hey fellow heat 4 writer! Alison, wanna trade stories? I'm curious :)))

Would love to! I'll message you a link when I'm on an actual computer. :)
seawhere View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seawhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by SakuraHime SakuraHime wrote:

I love that you used it as a way to deal with a jerk boss. That's awesome!

Big smile
~Sea

Charlotte Taylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlotte Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 5:32pm
I have promised myself I won't re-read my story until the weekend at the very least, as I know there are several bits that ideally needed a couple of hundred more words and another six hours to polish them up....

stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by dias dias wrote:

Everything you did was writing.

Hold on to that.

Who knows, you might still get into the Final Four.

As others say, don't beat yourself up. You did what you could. And you did something. Whether we turn something in we think is done or not, we are always further ahead than when we started.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>