NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you get and how do you feel about it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by mallorysuzanne mallorysuzanne wrote:

How did it go? That's the heat I'm in too!   

Are you in heat 2? It went pretty well for me. Smile Aside from the fact that I had some sort of mental collapse (which isn't unheard of in my life), I wrote a great story and submitted it and took some prescribed sedatives. Now I'm awake and it's Wednesday...? 

How did it go for you? 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:52pm
Also, I got so stressed out that I'm back on the gluten. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:53pm
BREAD!!! OMG! BREAD!!!
mallorysuzanne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mallorysuzanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by kkliossis kkliossis wrote:

Heat 9.  Action Adventure/ Prison Guard/ Melting

Not sure how I feel about it, guess we'll see after I start writing.

This is the heat I got too! How did it go for you!

Edited by mallorysuzanne - 29 Mar 2017 at 7:10pm
CH2 GR44 The Plan
mallorysuzanne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mallorysuzanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

How did it go? That's the heat I'm in too!   

Are you in heat 2? It went pretty well for me. Smile Aside from the fact that I had some sort of mental collapse (which isn't unheard of in my life), I wrote a great story and submitted it and took some prescribed sedatives. Now I'm awake and it's Wednesday...? 

How did it go for you? 

Whoops! I'm in heat 9... I must have responded to the wrong thread!! I'm glad your story went well, I can't wait to read it once we're allowed to post!!

Edited by mallorysuzanne - 29 Mar 2017 at 7:11pm
CH2 GR44 The Plan
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:44pm

Whoops! I'm in heat 9... I must have responded to the wrong thread!! I'm glad your story went well, I can't wait to read it once we're allowed to post!!

Great! No problem, I'm excited to read yours too! Now I'm going to try to remember how to do all the posting again! Yay! 
justinsegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinsegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:15am
I got: horror — door-to-door sales — an unemployed 40-year old man.

I actually thought it was fun, just like the first round. Being given the weird prompt immediately makes ideas pop up I'd never think of normally.

I think the real task here is asking ourselves: "What idea comes right to mind?"
That's the low-hanging fruit, and that's what you DON'T want to write about.

This is my first year at NYC Midnight, and I've come to love the idea of prompts. Never used them before, but I may prompt myself when I'm searching for something new to write.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by justinsegal justinsegal wrote:

I got: horror — door-to-door sales — an unemployed 40-year old man.

I actually thought it was fun, just like the first round. Being given the weird prompt immediately makes ideas pop up I'd never think of normally.

I think the real task here is asking ourselves: "What idea comes right to mind?"
That's the low-hanging fruit, and that's what you DON'T want to write about.

This is my first year at NYC Midnight, and I've come to love the idea of prompts. Never used them before, but I may prompt myself when I'm searching for something new to write.

Would love to read yours if you're looking to share! I was in the same heat. Always fun to see how other people interpret the prompts.
#amrevising
seamimr59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seamimr59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:28pm
I'm not really comfortable with comedy, so most of the week is a crash course in comedy writing.
kritty3311 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kritty3311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:26pm
Heat 32

Mystery - Weight loss program - Seamstress

I can work with weight loss, I can work with seamstress but I see making it horror not mystery. man it's killing me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>