NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting is a nightmare.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Now I really need you to send some cookies my way.  I need to do some sorrow drowning, too (same boat here).

Oh, no! Virtual snickerdoodles on the way. Cry
100MF2022 R1 G41 The Ties that Bind (Romance)
seawhere View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seawhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by SakuraHime SakuraHime wrote:

I actually squeaked in (fifth for my heat), but I'm the only one in my heat on the forums as best I can tell (at least as of yesterday).

I squeaked by in 5th too. Congrats! And only two in my heat posted. I just had so little time to give feedback, so didn't seem fair to ask for it.
~Sea

tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:28pm
I'm out. Congratulations to everyone moving on and to those who received Honorable Mention. This has been a blast, as always. I love your stories and appreciate all those who read mine and commented. Be sure to come back for the Flash Fiction Challenge.

I might see some of you in the Screenwriting challenge. 

Chris/tcFlash
De Chelonian Mobile View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Chelonian Mobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:29pm
I placed 2nd in my heat. I feel mixed emotions. I'm glad I made it through, but I'm sad, and somewhat confused that some of you on this thread didn't. Some of the stories I read that didn't make it were ones that I loved.

Congrats or condolences depending on where you landed.

I look forward to reading stories from many of you in the future, either the next round or the next contest.
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

Didn't make the list at all, which sucks, but I might actually get some work done over spring break.

Congrats to those who did make it through, and congrats on your HM Lisa!

I wish there weren't so many stories not posted. Looking through the list, there are stories missing that I just can't believe didn't go through!
It's been fun. Sorry you didn't advance, but 2500 people are feeling the same thing you and I are feeling right now. Keep coming back. 

Chris/tcFlash
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by De Chelonian Mobile De Chelonian Mobile wrote:

I placed 2nd in my heat. I feel mixed emotions. I'm glad I made it through, but I'm sad, and somewhat confused that some of you on this thread didn't. Some of the stories I read that didn't make it were ones that I loved.

I look forward to reading stories from many of you in the future, either the next round or the next contest.

Congratulations. Be Happy! That's an order. :)

I hope you continue to have success.

Chris tc/Flash
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by milesmum milesmum wrote:

4th place isn't terribly exciting,  but I do enjoy writing these stories, once the agony of pulling an idea out of the prompts yields to an idea. Glad I get to play another round.

Congratulations on advancing and best of luck to you next round.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by De Chelonian Mobile De Chelonian Mobile wrote:

Congratulations!  I really enjoyed reading your story and wish you all the best in Round 2.  I'll swing by and read.  

lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

I'm out. Congratulations to everyone moving on and to those who received Honorable Mention. This has been a blast, as always. I love your stories and appreciate all those who read mine and commented. Be sure to come back for the Flash Fiction Challenge.

I might see some of you in the Screenwriting challenge. 

Chris/tcFlash

I don't know why I'm bothering, but I am going to try the screenwriting challenge.  Hope to see you there!  And I'll be back for Flash as well, as I am becoming a glutton for punishment...

I really enjoyed your story...
lisafoxiswriting.com
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

Didn't make the list at all, which sucks, but I might actually get some work done over spring break.

Congrats to those who did make it through, and congrats on your HM Lisa!

I wish there weren't so many stories not posted. Looking through the list, there are stories missing that I just can't believe didn't go through!

Bummed you didn't make it.  Bummed I didn't make it.

Are you doing Screenwriting Challenge?  See you there?
lisafoxiswriting.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>