NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting is a nightmare.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

Didn't make the list at all, which sucks, but I might actually get some work done over spring break.

Congrats to those who did make it through, and congrats on your HM Lisa!

I wish there weren't so many stories not posted. Looking through the list, there are stories missing that I just can't believe didn't go through!
It's been fun. Sorry you didn't advance, but 2500 people are feeling the same thing you and I are feeling right now. Keep coming back. 

Chris/tcFlash

I'm skipping the next Screenplay one since I'm moving from Ashgabat back to the US the weekend of round two - and with my luck that's when I'd make it through! But I'll be back for Flash, so I'll see you then!
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
Mst3K View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mst3K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:39pm
Did any of the other HM's go through the list and see their name and have a moment where they think I made it, only to notice a second later that it says HM rather than a number.

To be so close but not make it is hard, but instead I will be positive since this was my first attempt it is good to get on the list at least with 32 or so people in the heat. Although they did spell my name wrong. LOL. I don't mind because I know they were probably rushing to try and make sure they got the results to all of us faster. I think it's kind of funny but I have an odd sense of humor.  

This was an awesome experience that taught me a lot and really pushed me to craft a story in a genre I would NEVER have chosen on my own. I think it was the jump start I needed to get back into writing after losing someone close to me and I feel blessed that I stumbled on to this contest on accident the final day of signups. 

Good luck to everyone moving on. As for the rest of us. You fail at 100% of the things you don't try. So lets keep trying.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

Didn't make the list at all, which sucks, but I might actually get some work done over spring break.

Congrats to those who did make it through, and congrats on your HM Lisa!

I wish there weren't so many stories not posted. Looking through the list, there are stories missing that I just can't believe didn't go through!

Bummed you didn't make it.  Bummed I didn't make it.

Are you doing Screenwriting Challenge?  See you there?

Skipping Screenwriting this time around (moving date conflict) - but hit me up when you need a beta! I won't be writing, so I'll have plenty of time Tongue
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
tonicwater79 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tonicwater79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Mst3K Mst3K wrote:

Did any of the other HM's go through the list and see their name and have a moment where they think I made it, only to notice a second later that it says HM rather than a number.

To be so close but not make it is hard, but instead I will be positive since this was my first attempt it is good to get on the list at least with 32 or so people in the heat. Although they did spell my name wrong. LOL. I don't mind because I know they were probably rushing to try and make sure they got the results to all of us faster. I think it's kind of funny but I have an odd sense of humor.  

This was an awesome experience that taught me a lot and really pushed me to craft a story in a genre I would NEVER have chosen on my own. I think it was the jump start I needed to get back into writing after losing someone close to me and I feel blessed that I stumbled on to this contest on accident the final day of signups. 

Good luck to everyone moving on. As for the rest of us. You fail at 100% of the things you don't try. So lets keep trying.

It was my first time too! And of all the possible genres, I literally got the single one I was hoping not to get (Political Satire) so, to get an HM doesn't feel too too bad. Of course, I'd rather be moving onto Round 2.

"She holds the pen that spells the end, she traces me and draws me in."

lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:45pm

Yup.  Saw my name and had a moment of pure elation... only to see those dreaded two letters next to it.  Then, the moment of pure deflation.  So close.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:47pm

I got an HM last year (my first time) on a piece I truly loved. It kind of broke my heart.

This year I took first place in my heat.

Do come back and tell us more stories. Smile

Edited by Vernacula - 20 Mar 2017 at 11:48pm
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

I got an HM last year (my first time) on a piece I truly loved. It kind of broke my heart.

This year I took first place in my heat.

Do come back and tell us more stories. Smile

Vernacula, congratulations. That is exciting. I didn't doubt it that you would move on. Good luck in round two.
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by seawhere seawhere wrote:

Originally posted by SakuraHime SakuraHime wrote:

I actually squeaked in (fifth for my heat), but I'm the only one in my heat on the forums as best I can tell (at least as of yesterday).

I squeaked by in 5th too. Congrats! And only two in my heat posted. I just had so little time to give feedback, so didn't seem fair to ask for it.

Congratulations to both of you. Very exciting.
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by milesmum milesmum wrote:

4th place isn't terribly exciting,  but I do enjoy writing these stories, once the agony of pulling an idea out of the prompts yields to an idea. Glad I get to play another round.

Congratulations, milesmum. You never fail to submit excellence. You are a big encouragement on the forum and have helped many people become better writers. Good luck in round two.
sinister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by sinister sinister wrote:

Hey!  I made it!  2nd in my heat! WOOOOOOOOO

Right... I may have had a bit to drink tonight...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>