NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting is a nightmare.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaliAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waiting is a nightmare.
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 1:59am
The 20th is almost officially over and I still haven't see any announcements for round 2. I know they have a habit of running late but that doesn't make it any easier. Is anyone else compulsively checking the site every hour or two? I can handle rejection. I can't handle waiting.
TheDustyZebra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:54am
Err... It's only just now the 20th, unless they're running it from Japan or something. Perhaps you should shake your calendar a bit to make sure it's still working? Tongue
100MF2022 R1 G41 The Ties that Bind (Romance)
KaliAK View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaliAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:16am
Well now my watch has been lying to me all weekend. I suppose that's what I get for trusting technology 😂 Either that or my treadmill scrambled my brain...always knew that thing was a torture device....
ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 4:07am
My experience this last year is that when they're on time they're on time - results go out just before midnight. When they're going to be late, they let us know sometime that evening. With 3000+ stories this time around, I'm not holding my breath...
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
angelagilbert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelagilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:57am
I read in my confirmation email when they received my first round that they would announce it at 11:59 tonight.  I'm telling myself that I won't stay up for it but I'm fairly certain I will!!!
Tynnyt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tynnyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:29am

You know that kid at school who tells you they're going to run the whole track, but you know deep down they're only going to get half way? You want them to do it, you really do, and you have every hope that this will be the time they succeed.

But, you can't help but think about last year, when they tripped on their laces in the last fifty metres, or the year before where their training only consisted of eating chocolate bars and watching Usain Bolt videos on Youtube?

Whatever happens to that kid in the race, you still cheer when they eventually make it over the line, don't you?

That's how I like to think of NYC's deadlines. They've got big aims and we all hope they fulfil them. But, deep down, we know they probably wont. That's okay though, because they'll get there in the end and we'll be very happy when they do.
angelagilbert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelagilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:03am
Well said- Tynnyt-

You should enter a writing contest.  Tongue
BlackGate View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackGate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:18pm
Good luck y'all!

BG
Micro 250 R1 - The Iron Harvest
Micro 250 R2 - The Phantom
bertiwalker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bertiwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:02pm
They just posted on the fb group that they will be releasing the results tonight at 11:59
Read my 1st Round story titled It Simply Isn't Done
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by bertiwalker bertiwalker wrote:

They just posted on the fb group that they will be releasing the results tonight at 11:59

Three hours and thirty three minutes to go.

This is torture! ShockedShockedShocked
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>