NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would you like feedback? Or to give feedback?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanieO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you like feedback? Or to give feedback?
    Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 3:22am
Hi
I am Danielle from Australia. I have finally found time to come back to the forums and offer feedback/receive feedback. I was in heat no 66: Parking attendant, blackmail, comedy. Never having set out to write a comedy before it was a challenge. I also chose to write in limited third person which I haven't done before.
Happy to offer work shopping to others, and if you want to offer me some critique, copy editing let me know. Danielle
Dream it. Think it. Work it. Achieve it!
tbuscher137 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbuscher137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 2:26pm
Hi Danielle! I would certainly love some feedback, at least just on whether my Heat 5 (adrenaline junkie, extinction, action/adventure) short story had an appropriate structure for an action/adventure story. As busy as I am, I do have the time to at least occasionally read and give feedback on stories so I would be more than happy to read yours.
~~Run, you clever boy, and be a Doctor~~
SSC2017R1
deb3773 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deb3773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 5:23pm
I would love feedback. I am finishing up work for a graduate school class and hope to devote more time to the forum this weekend.  I will find your story then unless I take a study break.

This experience has been invaluable for me.  :)
plkphoto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:46pm
Hi DanieO -- 

If you want to get feedback, you'll need to post your story on another website (a personal blog or GoogleDocs are the two most commonly used). The posts on here only allow so many characters, so it doesn't work to post your story in a message. Suave has put your link into the master list, but the administrators sometimes delete topics where the rules to host the story elsewhere weren't followed. It's also hard to read long posts on the forum.

Once you've posted your story somewhere else, you should edit your forum post to include just the link to your story, along with the title and synopsis. Then put a link to your forum post in your signature.

Once you've done those two things, it will be easy for people to find your story, read it, and then leave you feedback on the forum. When you give feedback on people's stories, your signature will give them a link to follow to leave you feedback in return. 

Here are a couple of longer "How To" posts that expand on what I said above, if you're confused about any of it: 

Hope this helps you get lots of good feedback. 

Enjoy the forum! Beer

FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
 Post Reply Post Reply