NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So, what happens next?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parsifal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So, what happens next?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 2:26am
So, now that the first round is over, what happens now? I get that we wait for the results, but does anybody have a timescale on those? Also, how many from each heat go through to round 2?

SSC 2017 R1 Heat 72 - Fantasy/A Blind Date/ A Cement Truck Driver - Terry, 33 and Looking for Love

This is fun!
Gudlyf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gudlyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 9:14am
From the main page (http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/SSC/Challenge.htm):

"The judges choose a top 5 in each heat to advance to the 2nd Round (March 23-26, 2017)..."

In my experience, sometimes you won't find out if you made it until only a few days before (so, ~March 20). Gets frustrating when you were holding off on that weekend's plans! :)
KerstinRo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KerstinRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 12:04pm
Screw the weekend, weekends are overrated Geek Just stock up on coffee and short bread and sit by your computer Wink

Kerstin

Originally posted by Gudlyf Gudlyf wrote:

From the main page (http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/SSC/Challenge.htm):

"The judges choose a top 5 in each heat to advance to the 2nd Round (March 23-26, 2017)..."

In my experience, sometimes you won't find out if you made it until only a few days before (so, ~March 20). Gets frustrating when you were holding off on that weekend's plans! :)
tonicwater79 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonicwater79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 11:36pm
Literally 'dying' to know if I get to write again for this contest.

The first round was incredible. I loved the challenge of writing this way; time restriction, specific genre/subject/character. I think it actually kept me more focused! :)

I was in Heat 77 - Political Satire/School Detention/ A Model

My story was titled : Own It Your Way

(I'll try to remember to upload it later)

Edited by tonicwater79 - 08 Mar 2017 at 11:37pm
"She holds the pen that spells the end, she traces me and draws me in."

SakuraHime View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:55am
How do we get the results? Is that just through email or is something posted?
2019 FFC R1 Who Needs a Wall? (Gr: 35 – PoliSat/A Garbage Dump/A Grill)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 5:42am
You should get an email, but in case you do not, check the NYC website!
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:15pm
Only a few more days!  I'm trying not to think about it but am starting to get nervous...
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
TabbyKat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TabbyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 5:03am
Do we hear BY Monday or BEFORE Monday? Not that I'm in the least bit concerned or thinking about it or anything :)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 5:21am
Originally posted by TabbyKat TabbyKat wrote:

Do we hear BY Monday or BEFORE Monday? Not that I'm in the least bit concerned or thinking about it or anything :)

Usually, you will not hear anything untill12:01 am the 22nd.  Sometimes the 23rd, lol.
jfritzsc View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfritzsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 8:13pm
I thought the reply date was March 20.
Read my 1st Round story titled "The 96 Cent Thrift Store" at https://2manybooks2littletime.com/the-96-cent-thrift-shop/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>