NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So, what happens next?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakuraHime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:08pm
Yeah I just looked through the rules again and it said by 11:59 EST on March 20th... so, soon!
2019 FFC R1 Who Needs a Wall? (Gr: 35 – PoliSat/A Garbage Dump/A Grill)
CathyM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:40pm
They are notorious for being a little late with the results.
Rnd 1 FF Little Dick Rnd2 The Box
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 3:02am
It was a full eight weeks this time. Isn't that a week or two longer than it has been? I'm hoping it means the results and feedback will be on time this year. I've never fallen out of the forums for so long before. I'll spend quite a bit of time here tomorrow and Monday. Try to get my head back into the whole thing. What was my story about, again? I forgot. LOL
klaskar View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klaskar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:16am
Does anyone know if they post the finalists to the first round, i.e. the stories themselves so that we can read them? Would be fun to read the winners in each category
Read my R2 rhyming story Cinderyoga
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by klaskar klaskar wrote:

Does anyone know if they post the finalists to the first round, i.e. the stories themselves so that we can read them? Would be fun to read the winners in each category

A lot of the top stories (according to the official judges) won't be available because the authors will be attempting to use them in other, possibly profitable, ways. You can check the results on Monday night or Tuesday and then follow the links to see if they are still good. But NYCM won't be publishing winning stories from round one. 

But you do bring up a good point. It is a very helpful exercise to read the stories that the judges felt were the best.  We can't and probably don't want to simply mimic those styles, but it might give us some ideas for the next challenge.
jgilmartin711 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgilmartin711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:21am
The email we got said we should hear at midnight tonight.  They are sometimes late, though, but then we should get an email saying when they expect to have the results up.  

You will get an email saying that the results are up and it will have a link to the websites where the results will be posted.  The results themselves do not get emailed to you.  

Hope this helps!
Jessica
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TOwFivfzGSnjdLbwMz-0xxX88WZfiu9fdUaWbpXQK0E/edit?usp=sharing
Charlotte View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:59am
Contest Rules said at Midnight tonight we learn who makes the next heat.  
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/heat-121-three-girls-and-a-box-of-men_topic17233.html
Mst3K View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mst3K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:09pm
I don't get to watch anything live (Saturday Night 'Live', Dancing With The Stars  -  pretty much when they do a 'live' version of any show it's only truly live on east coast time), but for once I'm grateful for being on the west coast. Although to be honest I probably won't be going to sleep any earlier since I'll either be eating ice cream and feeling sorry for myself or obsessing about the next round. Good luck everybody. Beer

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
csderuyter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csderuyter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:10pm
This wait has been... interminable. I've been telling myself I'm not going to stay up until 11 PM Central to see results because I have an early meeting tomorrow, but who am I kidding? :) 

lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by csderuyter csderuyter wrote:

This wait has been... interminable. I've been telling myself I'm not going to stay up until 11 PM Central to see results because I have an early meeting tomorrow, but who am I kidding? :) 

I fully expect to be exhausted tomorrow (will be up at midnight EDT) and either a) incredibly grouchy and bummed that I didn't make it or b) too keyed up to go to sleep or to focus on my day job due to a positive outcome.

I am going into tonight with zero expectations.  When I was brave enough to get my hopes up in Flash I crashed and burned big time.  So I'm neutral.  Anxious, but neutral.

I'll be pressing the refresh button a hundred times tonight with everyone else, hopeful that I did not jinx myself by entitling my story The Art of Rejection.

Best of luck to you!  
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>