NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R2 CH3 TITLES & LOGLINES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R2 CH3 TITLES & LOGLINES
    Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 2:59am
I don't see one of these up, so I thought I'd start it.  Apologies if my naming is non-standard.  Or more embarrassing, if there already was one and I'm blind!

Group 4: RomCom, A Call Center, A Water Hose 
How I felt Sat: Ermm
How I felt submitting: Ouch Censored

1-900-FUTURE1
Will the new guy be able to catch the girl of his dreams, or will
she slip through his fingers?
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
callmedeb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmedeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:36am
I will join! After an excruciatingly slow start, I plotted out 6 ideas, I am actually happy with what I ended up with. Fingers crossed that the judges like it too!

Group 2: Historical Fiction / a Castle / a Skull

THE TIGRESS OF CSEJTE
A devoted daughter searches for the truth behind her beloved mother's horrific crimes.

Best of luck to everyone!!!!!

Deb

Edited by callmedeb - 30 Jan 2017 at 9:38am
R1H78 - THE CHILDREN OF LIR
Writing is easy. You just open a vein and bleed.
mongoose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 9:20am
Well this screenplay isn't going to win me any awards, but I cracked myself up writing it. Finger crossed I don't have any male judges in my group. LOL

Group 5: Sci-Fi, Firewood, Basement

SMOKE SIGNALS

Synopsis: When the women leave Earth behind, the men are left to ponder: What the hell just happened? 

turtle7313 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle7313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 10:34am
This is my first go-round at Historical Fiction and I think I psyshced myself out. Drank 3 glasses of wine after I finished to try to get the headache to go away.  Cry  

Either way, I finished and while I don't think this will help me advance, at least I got a new genre under my belt.  

Group 2: Historical Fiction / a Castle / a Skull

A Gangster Halloween
In 1982, a little girl and her brothers sneak into the Detroit Castle in hopes of finding their parents at a
Halloween party. She finds so much more.

Edited by turtle7313 - 30 Jan 2017 at 10:58am
FFC CH1 GR 38 - A Broken Family - http://bit.ly/2ufVHFu
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 12:30pm
Hi!
Group 3: Horror/Rooftop Bar/Plaster Cast

This genre is one of my least favorites...I appreciate psychological horror, but 5 pages aren't enough for me to do psychological or to really explore what scares me. I finally came up with...

BEHIND THE FAƇADE

Death masks, mementos of lives tragically lost, adorn the walls of a trendy, new microbrewery lounge, and hide a dark secret.

(I stink at loglines...)

Good luck to all.

Edited by LoboGal26 - 30 Jan 2017 at 12:30pm
DBA Lehane View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 2:52pm
Group 1 / Comedy / A Theater / Dog Leash

Butch & Merry

Being part of a bomb-detection dog team isn't something to be sniffed at -- just ask Butch and Merry. He's survived 5 tours of Iraq and humped a Wookiee, whilst she'd do anything just to get to play with her favorite ball again.
Screenplay Challenge 2020 Finalist.
SSC 2014 Finalist.
FFC 2015 4th Placed Finalist.
adreens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adreens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 7:39pm
Comedy is not my forte so this was an interesting weekend.

Group 1: Comedy/a theater/dog leash

Love at First Reel
A lonely and clumsy theater projectionist looks for joy in the pratfalls of silent films, but there may be a greater joy waiting just across the theater.
Short Screenplay Challenge
R4 "#solidarity" goo.gl/E0ehWR

R3G1 "Love at First Reel"
goo.gl/HfHfbd

R2G22 "Looking for Death"
goo.gl/3HSH9e

R1G22 "Conformity"
goo.gl/QeHFeM
micki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 12:09am
Comedy is definitely NOT in my wheelhouse, but I did what I could. It was fun trying a genre I hadn't gotten before  - and one of the ones that terrified me most!

Group 1 - Comedy / A Theater / A Dog Leash

Title: Stardom
Logline: A young actor attends the premiere of his first movie and gets an unexpected surprise.

Edited by micki - 31 Jan 2017 at 12:13am
TheUsualSuspect View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheUsualSuspect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 12:27am
Group 3: Horror/Rooftop Bar/Plaster Cast

Title: Parties Are A Pain In The Neck

Logline: Veronica takes Abraham to a cool rooftop party, but he

soon feels uneasy when he sees that all the women are beautiful

and all the men are average.

SuperScottNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperScottNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:48pm
I feel you, ottersdaughter. I was cursing and pacing so much, my wife had to come in and calm me down. I haven't been hit this hard by writer's block in years. She was in the hospital for most of Friday and Saturday so I had about eight hours on Sunday to really focus. I think I finally got this thing locked by 11pm.

Group 4: RomCom, A Call Center, A Water Hose
How I Felt: Ralphie in A Christmas Story- http://gph.is/2gM6m5O
How I Felt Submitting: Rocky at the end of the Drago fight- http://gph.is/1gkOqaG

Title: Love Me Tinder
Logline: A fireman tries to fan the flames of his relationship with an emergency call center operator before the spark goes out.

There are always tales to tell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>