NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round 2
    Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 7:57pm
I can't figure out a way to correlate forum names with real names to see who on the forum is moving through to the second round, so I thought I'd just ask: Who got through?
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
Housejunkie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Housejunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:01pm
Not me...I tied for 7th overall in my group. Quite happy regardless since this was my first rodeo.  Best of luck to all of the finalists!
Hart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:01pm
Wait... round 2? First round isn't over yet. Or have you guy's submitted your stories early? Or have I missed something. *panicking*
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Housejunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:09pm
I think we are referring to the Short Screenplay Challenge -- not the Short Story...you're good!

StephwithanF View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephwithanF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 9:51am
7th for me as well with 17 points.

Regardless of the outcome, I enjoy the writing.

NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Housejunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 10:27am
Stephanie, you actually tied for 5th. (I'm in your group).  Two writers tied for second which meant you and the other 5th place writer did not proceed to the next round!  
turtle7313 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle7313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 1:47pm
I made it through the big cut for the first time since I started participating in NYC Midnight, so I am very excited! I took 30 points in my heat so while I'm psyched, I'm also starting to feel a bit of pressure! LOL
FFC CH1 GR 38 - A Broken Family - http://bit.ly/2ufVHFu
ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 3:03am
Originally posted by turtle7313 turtle7313 wrote:

I made it through the big cut for the first time since I started participating in NYC Midnight, so I am very excited! I took 30 points in my heat so while I'm psyched, I'm also starting to feel a bit of pressure! LOL

Congratulations on your perfect score! Though I can see how that would put a little pressure on :)
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
SuperScottNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperScottNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:37pm
I made it through with 29 points total. I had an extremely difficult time condensing my story down to the five page limit and was cutting words literally down to the last sixty seconds. I think I got the title page in place in the last 30 seconds and the logline done in the last 15. It was a race to the finish. Losing some of the character descriptions killed me because I knew I wanted them in there, but it was a sacrifice of five words here, five words there...or the 5 pages would be 6.

Congrats on those who made it to Round 3! Hope it went well. This was another tough one for me, not sure about all of you!
There are always tales to tell.
DBA Lehane View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 11:48am
I scraped through top of my group - most of us who scored well in the first heat, did less well in 2nd heat...so I managed to sneak highest overall score, despite hating everything about my 2nd script!
Screenplay Challenge 2020 Finalist.
SSC 2014 Finalist.
FFC 2015 4th Placed Finalist.
 Post Reply Post Reply