NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's the most random thing you googled so far?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's the most random thing you googled so far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candymit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:08am
Thank you. I was 99% sure but didn't want to be disqualified so though I'd give it a quick google. (which didn't workLOL )
  Read my 1st Round story titled The Crash
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xukx0ORv961aIg9lon9bFONA-ZjINQDdrvf10IDGWaQ/pub
jodie-ellis View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie-ellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 5:44pm
It's less 'random' and more 'just plain stupid'. Like "What do spies do?" 
I mean, fantastic, brilliant, amazing. Genre: Spy, me: The frickle frack do spies do? LOL 
JTerrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTerrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 6:10pm
European forest undergrowth. It was an image search.
LyndaD View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LyndaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 1:31am
The supports that hold up upper levels of parking garages, and how big are leafy sea dragons?
ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:43am
The highest caliber of handgun not likely to break the wrist of an elderly woman when she fires it.
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
TheDustyZebra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:57am
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

The highest caliber of handgun not likely to break the wrist of an elderly woman when she fires it.

Well, don't leave us in suspense! LOL

I think the only thing I've googled so far is whether one would be able to use a hammer for anything when changing the wax seal under a toilet. Yes, it's not out of the question.
katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 3:17am
I haven't had to google anything yet! Which is probably a good thing as I can get caught in a research rabbit hole pretty easily :)

ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 5:05am
Originally posted by TheDustyZebra TheDustyZebra wrote:

Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

Well, don't leave us in suspense! LOL

I think the only thing I've googled so far is whether one would be able to use a hammer for anything when changing the wax seal under a toilet. Yes, it's not out of the question.

Turns out she isn't likely to actually break anything in her hand (though damaging it is a concern), the bigger danger is cracking herself in the face if the recoil gets away from her.

Other than that: substantial weight for the gun itself, lower caliber (.38 special is most reccomended from what I saw), and a lower acceleration load in the ammunition will minimize the perceived recoil and thus the chances of injury ;)
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 10:42am
Common Southern phrases.

And synonyms for excrement.
HanG23 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HanG23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 3:16pm
Countries in which homosexuality is illegal...
hatfolk: Heat 38 by chance? Smile

Edited by HanG23 - 23 Jan 2017 at 3:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>