NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's in the Short Screenplay Challenge 2016?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 6:21am
Originally posted by DBA Lehane DBA Lehane wrote:

For once I got organised enough to get the early entry fee...maybe because I did so badly in the first heat of the flash fiction challenge this year!!!  I've been doing the short screenplay every year since 2010 (it's my favourite of all the NYCM comps).  Who is in this year? Introduce yourself....

G'day ... I'm Scarlet Screenwriter ... I'm in ... for the umpteenth time since 2010, as well! 

How's Officer Plod?  Getting cold up there yet?  I'm off to California for a month ... see my folks ... keep my name in the will ... Class Reunion ... dodge a few bullets and Trump supporters ... I'll actually be there for SSC Round One ... I wonder if the Coriolis Effect will make a difference? 

DBA Lehane View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:15am
The day you give up Scarlet is the day I stop doing it too...you're part of the furniture now...the lumpy old armchair to my faded and frayed sofa...
Screenplay Challenge 2020 Finalist.
SSC 2014 Finalist.
FFC 2015 4th Placed Finalist.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:31am
Originally posted by StephwithanF StephwithanF wrote:

/wave Darren

Darren waves back Embarrassed
SSC 2014 Finalist.
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:34am
Welcome to everyone else - don't worry those who have never done it before..,here's the place to give it a try and I'm sure you'll find everyone really supportive.  We all have to start somewhere!
SSC 2014 Finalist.
StoryB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StoryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 12:13am
Somebody asked about formatting: http://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/scriptsample.pdf

Edited by StoryB - 09 Oct 2016 at 1:35am
turtle7313 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle7313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:30pm
I'm back this go-round. Took some time off and suddenly realized it had been a year since I wrote something new. I have participated in both the screenplay and short screenplay challenges in the past. Excited to be back!Clap
FFC CH1 GR 38 - A Broken Family - http://bit.ly/2ufVHFu
BOOMKING73 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOOMKING73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:20pm
What's up gang!?  I'm super stoked for this challenge.  I just got done with that last short script challenge, and thought I'd have to wait a year for the next one.  Pleasantly surprised to see this one pop up.  Slightly different than the last one, but pretty close.

Wish Round One wasn't over Halloween weekend, but I'll make it work. Haha

Good luck everybody!  This is such a valuable experience, so enjoy it!  Take the feedback, absorb it and move on.  Never know! It gets you writing, and could give you some nice portfolio pieces.

Even though this is the one that got me eliminated after round 2, I thought it was one of my better ones.
Take a peek, if you like.  It's short.

Matt "Boom King"
Matthew Medrano
thiekeds View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thiekeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:05am
Has anyone had any experience with using Scrivener to write screenplays? It has a screenplay mode/template. Wondering if it's any better/worse than some of the free options, such as Celtx?
FF2020
CH #2 Hoodwinked
CH #1 Smoke Signals
tonyiovino View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyiovino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 1:52pm
I joined. I've a published novel, poems and short stories--but never a screenplay. Are any of the prior winner's available to read?

I'm looking forward to this!
tonyiovino View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyiovino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:06pm
Thanks--just read Catch & Release--terrific!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>