NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Star ratings changed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plkphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 1:59am
Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

I've been around for a little while, and I still don't know how the stars that appear along with our screen names and photo to the left relate to the stars that show up in the center of the screen under the heading, rating. I've looked around on the site but haven't found any explanation. Would anyone care to enlighten me? 

The stars by your name relate to the number of points you have (as outlined above). You get 1 point for every reply/comment you make, 2 points for every new topic you post, and 5 points every time someone "thanks" you for a reply/message.

The stars in the "rating" are ratings for posts. You can rate a post when you have it open (up in the corner of the post just above "post options" -- click on how many stars you want to give it. Those show up along side the topic in all the menus.

As far as I know, that doesn't affect the poster's personal points… Big smile
FFC 2018

Ch1 Gr62 -- The Other Side of the Coin (Thriller)
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 2:04am
Thank you for that prompt response, and I did click the thanks button for you. Thumbs Up 
turtle7313 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle7313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

At the moment, I think it's:

0-99 points: Newbie (one star)
100-249 points: Groupie (two star) -- one person with 256 as a Groupie… so maybe 260?
250-499 points: Regular (three star) -- one person with 505 still as Regular? Maybe 510?
500-1499 points: Addict (four star)
1500+ points: Black Belt (five star)

And -- I think it also depends on whether or not you've been active recently. The people that started way back when got to keep their BlackBelt status at under 1000 points… but only as long as they're not active. As soon as you come back it recalculates.

Have fun chasing those stars!

There it is!! Thank you! Also, I've been on this forum since 2014 and never once even noticed the "thanks" button until today. The things you learn when you are bored on a Sunday Night and dont watch the super bowl.....and instead decide to crawl through the forums. LOL
FFC CH1 GR 38 - A Broken Family - http://bit.ly/2ufVHFu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234