NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Co-writing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Chelonian Mobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co-writing
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 4:01pm
I know in the official rules, co-writing is allowed, but does anyone actually do it?

This past week I had the opportunity to co-write a short story. It was the first time I have ever written anything with another person. It turned out to be a great experience, although, I can see how it would have been horrible if the wrong writing partner was involved.

With the right partner, there were some huge advantages. Her skills as an editor are far superior to mine, which left me free to forget about sentence structure and focus on creativity. I think our story turned out to be a really fun mix of both of our writing strengths.

It was a submission for a small college flash fiction contest, so we will know in a few weeks how well it was received by the judges. Prompts were A Paper Airplane / A Substitute Teacher.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here team writes, or if there are any good tips or tricks to using co-writing effectively?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic