NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else finish early?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else finish early?
    Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:02pm
I finished something I am happy with, but I feel like it's too early. Commence re-reading every hour! LOL
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:07pm
Wrote until 4:30 a.m. Stopped for about three hours' sleep. I alternate between laughing maniacally and sobbing every time I read and rework it.

So nope, not done. I'll be fighting with this thing for at least another four hours. And then I may burn it.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
FilmBuzzer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FilmBuzzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:07pm
I finished mine a few hours ago (Brit here!) so you're not alone! If you're happy with it, that's the best you can ask for at this point. Good luck!
Previous entries:

2019 Screenwriting Challenge:
Re-Murder
simplya View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:18pm
Lisa, you're crazy! I don't think I could ever write in a contest like this on 3 hours sleep. I need my zzzzzzzzzz's for a fully functioning writers brain. I totally get the manic stuff though, that was me this morning trying to finish before my trusted reader (husband) left for work LOL.

FB, ah yeah, that makes sense if you're 5 hours in the "future".

Good luck guys! Reading the past two years' winning scripts I feel like it's such a craps shoot on who wins...pretty crazy that we made it this far. Top 50/1100 is something to be proud of, that's for sure!

Edited by simplya - 22 Jul 2017 at 4:19pm
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:19pm
I finished a passable draft a couple of hours ago and sent it to two good friends/fellow writers who had agreed to give it a quick look-see today. 

While I wait for their comments, I'm fiddling with it. Because I can. It will be interesting to see if the things I decided needed improvement align with what they suggest.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by simplya simplya wrote:

Lisa, you're crazy! I don't think I could ever write in a contest like this on 3 hours sleep. I need my zzzzzzzzzz's for a fully functioning writers brain. I totally get the manic stuff though, that was me this morning trying to finish before my trusted reader (husband) left for work LOL.

FB, ah yeah, that makes sense if you're 5 hours in the "future".

Good luck guys! Reading the past two years' winning scripts I feel like it's such a craps shoot on who wins...pretty crazy that we made it this far. Top 50/1100 is something to be proud of, that's for sure!

It's the only time I get any real peace and quiet. Two kids, husband, 87-year-old dad and two dogs in the house. And I'm a noodler. I need to have something on paper that I can work and re-work.

Of course, this is the one time that I just wanted to scrap it all and start over. But with little sleep and the 24 hour deadline, kind of is what it is.

And I am beyond shocked to have made it this far. So...words on a page and a Top 50 placement... I can live with that.

Edited by lisafox10800 - 22 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by simplya simplya wrote:

I finished something I am happy with, but I feel like it's too early. Commence re-reading every hour! LOL

Yep, this!
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:40pm
I'm still waiting for the brownie to kickn in.

I am cautiously satisfied with it.
Splinker
https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArBspawnlI8yo1H2Ki5_xuZg-K0v?e=x2mixn
Splinker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 10:02am
I know it's a bit late in the game, but i just thought of a good one liner in response to this question.
Splinker
https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArBspawnlI8yo1H2Ki5_xuZg-K0v?e=x2mixn
 Post Reply Post Reply