NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALL the emotions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackGate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Betty Netch Betty Netch wrote:

Though I do have to say, my biggest regret was letting my earnest and well meaning but inexperienced family have a go at editing. This was an incredibly stressful experience. I do not reccomend it.

Yes, family will mean well, but....
R1 Soft Strings, Slow Strings
R2 The Ravens of Villers-Bretonneux
R3 Mrs Pendleton's Corpse
Betty Netch View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty Netch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by plkphoto plkphoto wrote:

Originally posted by Betty Netch Betty Netch wrote:

I caught a pretty bad mistake in one of my paragraphs after the fact and am now having dreams about my story not even being accepted for judging. Oh, subconscious, you menace. I am pretty sure they will take it, but after that who knows where the slip-up will leave me.

Most of the judges have been pretty forgiving of the occasional typo or grammatical slip. If your story was riddled with problems, then they'd mark down for that, but they know that we're writing these things on a tight deadline and some mistakes are going to slip through.

So... I wouldn't worry about it. I had a typo in my final sentence last round -- not exactly the last impression I wanted to leave them with... but it was all okay. Wink

Thank you. This makes me feel much better. :)

Edited by Betty Netch - 29 Mar 2017 at 5:09pm
CH1|GR62 Iron
dias View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

I bet your story will go through. I doubt the judges will count you out over one minute. You're still in this! Maybe the judges will think your story was, like, deliberately vague, leaving the reader to draw their own conclusions? It could work! 

Haha thanks Zelda! I'm not sure they will see it that way, but you were right about it going through! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic